Article 1 (Definitions)
1. “Personal Information” means “personal information” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”). Personal information” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003, hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information Protection Act”) refers to information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description, etc., or that contains a personal identification code.
2 “Sensitive personal information” refers to personal information that includes the person’s race, creed, social status, medical history, criminal record, the fact that the person has been harmed by a crime, and other descriptions specified by a Cabinet Order as requiring special consideration in handling the information to prevent unjust discrimination, prejudice, or other disadvantages to the person.
3. “Specified Personal Information” means personal information that includes a personal number (a number, symbol, or other code used in place of a personal number, other than a resident registration code, that corresponds to a personal number) in its content.
5. “Privacy Information” refers to the combination of “Personal Information” and “User Information” set forth in the preceding two paragraphs.
Article 2 (Acquisition and Use of Personal Information)
1 The Company shall acquire and use users’ privacy information to the extent necessary for the purposes set forth in the following items.
(1) To provide our services
(2) To improve and enhance the Service or develop new services
(3) To provide information on new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the Service and other services provided by the Company (including sending e-mails, flyers, and other direct mailings)
(4) To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
(5) To respond to inquiries from users regarding the Service (including to confirm the identity of the user)
(6) To report to users on the use of the Service
(7) To request cooperation for questionnaires, interviews, etc., or participation in various events related to the Service, or to report the results of such requests
(8) To investigate and analyze the usage history of the Service, and to use the results for the improvement and development of the Service and the distribution of advertisements
2 We collect and store the following privacy information in the Service, depending on the method of collection. In addition, when acquiring privacy information requiring special consideration, we will obtain the consent of the individual in advance, except in cases permitted under the law.
(1) Information provided by users
(a) Profile information such as name, date of birth, gender, occupation, etc.
(b) Contact information such as e-mail address, telephone number, address, etc.
(c) Information related to payment methods such as credit card information, bank account information, and electronic money information
(d) Still image information including the user’s portrait
(e) Other information entered or transmitted by the user through methods determined by the Company.
(2) Information provided by external services such as social networking services when users allow such external services to be linked to the Service
(a) IDs used by the user in the external service
(b) Other information that the user has permitted to be disclosed to the linked service according to the privacy settings of the external service.
(3) Information we collect when users use this service
(b) IP addresses
(c) Information related to server access logs
(d) Cookies, ADID, IDFA, and other identifiers
(e) Other information related to how users use the Service
(4) Information we collect based on the user’s individual consent when the user uses the Service
(a) Location information
Article 3 (Management and Protection of Personal Information)
1 Personal information shall be strictly managed, and data shall not be disclosed or provided to third parties without the user’s consent, except in the following cases Specified personal information shall not be provided to third parties except as permitted by law.
(1) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the user’s consent
(2) Cases in which the provision of personal information is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the user’s consent
(3) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a state organ or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and in which obtaining the user’s consent is likely to impede the execution of the relevant affairs
(4) Cases in which the handling of personal information is outsourced in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, in order to facilitate the smooth execution of business
(5) When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
(6) Cases in which personal information is used jointly with a specific person, and in which this fact, the items of personal information jointly used, the scope of the joint users, the purpose of use by the user, and the name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information is notified to the user in advance, or in which the user is made readily aware of such fact (6) In cases where the personal information is readily accessible to the user.
(7) Other cases permitted by laws and regulations.
2 In consideration of the security of personal information, we will take measures to prevent and correct risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
Article 4 Disclosure of Personal Information
1 When a user requests disclosure of his/her personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law, we will disclose the information to the user without delay after confirming that the request is made by the user himself/herself (if the personal information does not exist, we will notify the user to that effect). (If such personal information does not exist, the Company will notify the user to that effect. However, if disclosure would result in any of the following cases, all or part of the information may not be disclosed, and if a decision not to disclose the information is made, the Company will notify the user to that effect without delay
(1) When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the user or a third party
(2) If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper execution of our business
(3) If the disclosure of personal information would violate other laws or regulations.
2 Please note that a fee (1,000 yen per case) will be charged for the disclosure of personal information.
Article 5 Suspension of Use of Personal Information
1 If the Company receives a request from a user to cease use of or erase personal information (hereinafter referred to as “cease of use, etc.”) in any of the following cases, the Company will cease use of the personal information and erase the personal information. 1. If the Company is requested by a user to cease use of or erase personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Cessation of Use, etc.”), the Company shall, after confirming that the request is made by the user himself/herself, conduct the necessary investigation without delay, and based on the results of such investigation, cease use, etc. of the personal information and notify the user thereof. However, in cases where it is difficult to suspend the use of personal information due to the large amount of costs involved or other difficulties in doing so, and when it is possible to take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user, such alternative measures will be taken.
(1) When the information is handled in a manner that exceeds the scope of the purpose of use
(2) Personal information has been obtained by wrongful means
(3) If the personal information is used in a manner that may encourage or induce illegal or unjust acts
(4) When we no longer need to use the user’s personal information
(5) Leakage, loss, or damage (hereinafter referred to as “Leakage, etc.”) of personal information containing Personal Information with Requirements for Protection has occurred or is likely to occur. (5) Leakage, loss or damage (hereinafter referred to as “Leakage, etc.”) of personal information containing Personal Information with Due Diligence has occurred or is likely to occur
(6) Leakage, etc. of personal information that may cause property damage due to unauthorized use has occurred or is likely to occur
(7) Cases in which the leakage, etc. of personal information has occurred or is likely to occur, in which the leakage, etc. is likely to be carried out for a wrongful purpose
(8) Where there has been or is likely to be a leakage, etc. of personal information involving more than one thousand (1,000) individuals
(9) When there is a risk that the rights or legitimate interests of the user may be harmed by the handling of said personal information.
2 The Company will dispose of or delete the Specified Personal Information as soon as possible after achieving the purpose of use.
Article 6 Procedures for Modification of this Policy
The Company will amend this Policy as necessary. However, in the event that the Company modifies this Policy in a manner that requires the consent of the user under the law, the modified Policy shall apply only to those users who have agreed to the modification in the manner prescribed by the Company. In the event that the Company modifies this Policy, the Company will notify users of the effective date and content of the modified Policy by displaying the modified Policy on the Company’s website or by other appropriate means.
Article 7 Contact for Inquiries
Inquiries regarding our handling of personal information should be directed to the following contact information.